Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Serenity Now

Well since we olny count the days we actually come to school, we have 24 days left. If you are a Seinfeld fan then you can relate to my current situation. I only have a limited time left with my students which is great but I know that I will really miss them. I will wonder if they are being taken care of, what is going on in their lives, are they safe....As hard as this year has been it is impossible for me not to love all of my students. Even the toughest child has broken into my heart. Class is sucha struggle for teachers and kids. Spring fever has hit and everyone has it. In class I am constantly transported to the Seinfeld episode where Frank Constanza and Crammer try out a little catch phrase, "Serenity now". This is supposed to calm their nerves. As the show goes on Frank gets more and more annoyed so his "Serenity nows" go from quiet to a full out yell. I love it. I fell like that so much right now. I just want to look at them and yell "SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!" I will not yell it out loud like I want but I am screaming from the inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I will try this. I will also watch for that rerun. I am not surprised your students have broken into your heart. That is how teaching is. The tougher one is to love the more he/she needs it. You are precious.