Monday, July 27, 2009
Tales of a Triathlon
Well, I had the priviledge of being 1/3 of a triathlon team this past Saturday. Juls, Phoebe and I had a first experience in this strange world. Apparently because I have a bike I was qualified for the biking portion. Juls was the swimmer and Phoebe was our little runner. Friday night as we registered I began to scope out the other bikes. UH OH! I was noticing how unequipped I was going to be. I was assured that my sweet little hybrid bike would get me through. Kyle and Edwin were there to build me up and tell me I was going to do fine. We all know that we were just there to finish and see how triathlons worked. When the alarm went off at 4:45 I could not believe that we were about to really do this. We got to the start and Kyle helped me to set up my bike amidst all the high tech ROAD BIKES. Here is where I really began to be unsure about my situation. Juls did great, from my point of view, in the swim and passed me the chip. Off I go on my little bike. For the next hour and a half I was passed by almost everyone. Most were very encouraging. I had two and a half long hours of peddling to decide that I was willing to sell my first born for a road bike. You should also be aware that just because you go up a ginormous hill does not mean it is going to have a downhill. I was very surprised about this little tid bit. There can be flat or oh no, more uphill! It was a very humbling morning. When I finally got to the exchange I learned that Phoebe had already left. They thought I was never coming! It didn't matter at all. We just wanted to finish. I am proud to say that I was not last, just next to last. I am just glad that all the cop cars weren't following close behind me waiting for me to finish. I think I would have stopped and gotten in the car with them. haha I am glad that I did it. And by the way, you can rent road bikes right here in Jackson!!!! Too bad I found that out Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be ready for the next one. Yep the next one. I can only get better from here right??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment