Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I am woman, hear me roar!!

WOW, way too long...but what fun there has been. Now one day I would love to be married. The key there is one day, not today. I love all my couple friends. They are fantastic. But the Lord has really given a wonderful attitude about being single. Here is the south you are definitely an oddity if not married in your early 20s. I just love being single in every way. There are many perks to married life but there are also just as many for us free birds. I love the fact that I can go where ever I want whenever I want. Money, well no discussions there. If I am felling froggy enough to buy a 100 dollar pair of jeans, they are mine. My student loans are my problem. If I want to eat cheese and triscuts for a meal I can. Singleness is not a disease as some singles think. It is an oppertunity to have fun, build relationships, try new things. I have learned so much about myself. I am capable of much more than I ever imagined. It is wonderful to look back and see the Lord's plan in my life. There are many things that worked out not quite the way I was planning on. The Lord knew exactly what I needed. There have been several people in past few years that have come in and out of my life. Each one has made an impact. If is wasn't for them I never would have found out how I really feel. I tend to depend on others when I don't want to make decisions for myself. So when these friends forced me to deal with life on my own I realized that I actually could. I love finding the confident me. Who knew I could have so much fun on my own. To all my single gals, play on playa!!! HAHAH.

No comments: