Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ramblings

Again I have let time slip right by me. Lets just take a moment to bask in the glow that is known as MARCH!! Spring is here. There are so many great things about it being spring. First everything will be green and gorgeous again. Second how wonderful it will be to go running or walking without a million layers. (well who am i kidding one layer, we live in bloody mississippi) Thirdly SPRING BREAK for those who are in school or who are TEACHERS!!! bonus that comes with the job. And finally as of today I only have 52 school days left to teach my precious little...angels?? These days I tend to wake up with a smile. I guess the fact that I get to stop and get my favorite breakfast on the way to work helps too. Sugar free Summit and a bran muffin from Seattle Drip. (the handsome guy that works there is a plus too.) Time is flying by. I can't believe that it is really March. I have actually grown attached to my students after all this time. Amazing. I had the chance to hear Ricky Jones preach at a missions conference in Columbus last weekend. He talked about the people that we consider to be "bad" people, abusers, drug addicts, killers and the like. We aer not fighting against these people, but instead we are to be fighting for these people for the Lord. He wants them too. "Just and holy is Thy Name, I am all unrighteousness;False and full of sin I am; Thou art full of truth and grace." This is from my favorite hymn Jesus Lover of my Soul. We are all "those" people. Ricky quoted Isaiah 43:2 "A bruised reed He will not break And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice." My students are just bruised reeds. I am not here to break them but to help heal them. They are bruised reeds. They are bruised reeds. (you've got mail) I do need them probably more than they need me. I have learned so much from them. They are much stronger than I am or could have been at their ages (11-15). So after this train of thought I guess I am ready, so bring on the day and lets see what the Lord does with this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a perspective. How great that a person's words or a song's words can inspire us.
Rebecca gave me a new CD the other day. One of the songs repeats "Everything is going to be all right" words I love to hear.
Moms use these words often. I hightly recommend them to guys to give to their girls. I first loved them from the movie Miracles