Sunday, June 11, 2006

Camp Rainbow

This past week I had the priveledge to be a counselor at Camp Rainbow. This is a camp for kids that have cancer or had cancer. Some people think that this would be sad but these are the most amazing kids I have ever met in my life. They love life. This past week was all about fun for them. Smiles and laughter were everywhere. I was blessed to be the counselor to some of the older girls (13-15 years old). My campers were Robin, who is the biggest rascal ever, Fallon, Tarreka, Randa, Katherine, and T'Sheal. These girls did everything at camp. Robin and Katherine did the ropes course. I think i was too big of a wimp to to that when I was their age. We built race cars and tool boxes, made plently of leather braceletts, swam like crazy and even fit in a few crushes. drama, drama, drama. These girls didn;t wait any time scoping out the cute boys and then going after them. i think most of our evenings were spent re-hashing how many times they got to talk to their special men.
love, love, love camp. Thanks Sarah E for hooking me up. You are amazing. I already knew that but this week I got to hear it from so many people at camp. You have touched so many precious lives with your job. I know that it is hard sometimes, but the Lord has done incredible things with you!!!
Sarah E. sent me a verse in college and it is so fitting here. I try to keep this verse in my mind continually. "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing what you did last week! What a great experience for you all.