Friday, January 19, 2007

Sometimes can I be amazed at how unhappy I can be. It may be work or just life in general. This week has been a little crazy and normally I can see myself leaving school with the "thanks heavens it friday" mind set. But the Lord has been gracious and given me a new attitude while I was completely unaware. The kids were crazy today but at the end of the day they were sitting here laughing and giggling away. Even though I wanted them to just be quiet for a moments peace, I loved it. I enjoy hearing them having fun. I need to record it and take it with me. We may not have accomplished all that I had intended for the day but I know that most of them had a good day. So today was good for me too. I do love my kids. I don't know what I will do without them next year. I love it when they call me mom or say that they are my children. I am so thankful that the Lord had it in his plans to let me learn with these kids this year. I can never be grateful enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How precious you are! How precious they are! You truly know the joy of teaching! How can we be so mentally, physically, and emotionally spent, then get so much joy from the ones who have worn us out! You are a wonderful teacher! No doubt you have been such a blessing and such a joy to those children. Teaching is a mission field extrordinaire..sp..A mission field here amongst us. Although teaching is much like tree farming, you may not live to see the fruits of your labor, the little things are enough to sustain you for a lifetime. It feels so foolish to cherish a smile, a tiny accomplishment, a look of releif in this material world, but those of us who teach treasure the joy of the children God plants in our little gardens. I love you, Meredith. I am so proud of the teacher that you have become! Love, Mom