So since phebes tagged me, it has motivated me to start typing. I just want to share a few things that have been going on lately. Juls has agreed to run a half marathon with her sister Lindsay. I have been running with her while she has been training. This has been a hug eye opener for me. When we run togther and have Wynn B with us, I push. Juls deserves a little free time. But OH MY. The Wynn B is a workout. I love it because it is double the workout but I have a whole new appreciation for Juls. I am amazed. So since Juls is doing a half I finally decided that it was high time for my noncommittal self to take the big plunge. I am going to be running the Chicago half in September. I am really excited. Sarah E is doing it with me. If this doesn't scream girls trip I don't know what does. And yes you can come just to cheer us on. Mom bought me some running skirts for Christmas which makes running more miles a little more fun. By the way you need a running skirt. I love them. runningskirts.com
My other big news is that I gave blodd last week. Yes I did. I even have the bruise to prove it. I might need to take a picture of it while it is still there. Anyway, we had a blood drive at school and I decided it was time for me to grow up. My mentor teacher, Pete, marched me up to the blood mobile, then walked me back down to my room (I forgot my i.d. who knew you got carded at the blood mobile???) then marched me right back up there. He said he wasn't taking any chances on me backing out. I made it in and immedately felt a little light headed. Pete told me to grow up. tough love I guess. I made it through the interview process. My my those were some interesting questions. I was assured that I had great blood and blood pressure. This is usually where I fail the test and get sent on my merry way. I have never made it to THE CHAIR before. So a great guy named Charlie comes over and does his thing. I have to ask what happens when I throw up. (yep phebes, you knew that was coming) he gave me ice packs. Then I needed to know if I cold just take a little nap during the process. But they said No so fast that I assumed I better listen to that one. Pete was wonderful entertainment. After we finished I got an oatmeal cream pie which pretty much made the whole thing worth it. I love those things. So I survied and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But if you see the dork wearing her "Be a Hero" shirt don't make fun. That is one that will never make it to Goodwill.
Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment