Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last day for Miss McLemore

Friday was my last day with my students. Yes, I am thrilled that the school year was over but I am also very sad. I had an incredible class this year. Everything is a little bit different this year since I am leaving teaching for a bit. (I am now the assistant youth director at pear orchard presbyterian) So apparently I lost my mind on the last day. My kids and some kids from my friend Megan's class came in my room and were telling me that they wanted to make my hands crash through the floor. I was thinking WHAT?!! But for some strange reason I did what they told me to which was to lay down flat on my stomach. Let me tell you right now that I like to keep my classroom tidy but we have a carpet and t is way past help at this point. So here I am laying on my filthy carpet. Now they tell me to hold my arms up and let my head fall down and to RELAX. yeah right. I am not flexible and they were holding my arms way above my head. After they count s l o w l y to 30 they let go and I am suppose to feel like my hands go crashing through the floor. Well silly me, I didn't feel it and I TOLD them. How stupid. So they made me do it all over again. I did feel it the second time, even if I didn't I would not have told them. Needless to say we had a great time on our last day together. It is going to be strange not being Miss McLemore anymore. I am really excited about my new job. It was so unexpected. Maybe one day the Lord will put me back at BES.

No comments: