Phat Water Challenge 2006. Sam and I canoed together again this year. It was a 45 mile race. We finishe in 5 hours and 29 minutes. We beat our previous time by an hour. That was exciting. We also won first place in our class. Here we are getting ready to get our trophy (which is on my mantle). We always have a great time on the river. Sometimes the waves from the barges were a little scary, okay a lot scary to me. But it is so much fun to get to hang out with Sam. Spending 5 hours together with no distractions is really fun. You learn all kinds of things about each other. This I learned that Sam cannot roll his Rs. This is hilarious. When he tries he ends up sounding like Mr. Ed the horse. I laughed histerically. It cracks me up just thinking about it. That is the one thing that I have asked my brother to do that he can't. I never thought that day would come.



Here is Isabel "winning" the bike race!! She is such a nut. She definitely is fitting into the family well. She can handle mom and dad all by herself.
Grandmother and I enjoy the view of the muddy mississippi.
1 comment:
Grandmother did a good job with her camera, as usual. Isn't Isabel a nut on that bicycle! She and Sam make a great team! I am impressed with Meredith and Sam as friends, siblings, and canoers.
Post a Comment