I love the summer. Who doesn't?? This is my time to be a nomad and go where I want when I want. What can be better than my trunk filled with the clothes I might need over several weeks, a full tank of gas, and my favorite songs???? So here is a litle of what I have been up to. Apparently I am a little hard to keep up with. Oh well.
Part of last week was spent with Grandmother. She had catract surgery so I got to be her nurse. She was a fabulous patient and recovered in no time. We had lots of naps and delicious food. Her chicken salad is one of my favorites. Next I was off to Laurel for a little time with the Clarks. I arrived on Thursday afternoon and was planning to stay till Monday. We planned some shopping trips and some great meals. If you have not made the banana pudding pie from Southern Living, it is a MUST!! Well, Nathaniel Hendricks Jr. had other plans. McKenzie called early Friday morning. The converstation was classic:
Kenz: Hey! I just talked to my nurse. You are not going to believe this.
Me: Did your water break??
Kenz: We came to the hospital at 1 am and now my nurse is Lindsay Strawn!!
Me: So are you having the baby??
Kenz: Can you belive that Lindsay is my nurse? How amazing is that?
Me: McKenzie, are you having a baby TODAY!
Kenz: Oh, yes, I have been in labor since last night. I am so excited that Lindsay is my nurse!
Hilarious. So I left about 8:30 that morning on my trip to Memphis. I got there around 1, nervous that I was going to miss it. But again we were on Nathaniel's terms. He arrived at 4:34. 5lbs 15 oz 18 3/4 inches. Everyone was so glad that Lindsay was her nurse. She recieved rave reviews. McKenzie and Nathe were precious. They were so sweet to let me stay and visit for a while. While in Memphis I stayed with little nurse Lindsay. It was wonderful to get to hang out with her. On Sunday night Bethany came to town for an interview. That is very exciting. I would love for her and Gabe to be closer. I spent the night with her at her hotel. It had been forever since we had some sister time. She was really precious. The next morning I was off to Starkville. Sam and Isabel moved into their house in May and have not had much time to unpack. I was so glad that I came here. It was a little overwhelming just how much needed to be done. Isabel and I have worked our tails off and we finally feel like this house is a real home. We did things I did not know we were capable of. Let's say that the drill and I are BFF now. We had the task of hanging curtain rods everywhere and haging the kitchen cabinet doors. Yes you read right. There were 80 screws to screw in. Now for some that is probably really easy but we are thrilled that we did it in under 2 hours. We have also painted walls and trim, oh did I mention put the trim up. Yep, me, Iz and mr. air staple gun. We are completely exhausted but completely happy with our amazing results. We were basically a TV show. I am amazed at how great this place looks now. We don't have before and after's like we should because it was too much. Anyway I hope the little McLemore's will enjoy their lovely home for several years. I am not sure we could do all this anytime soon.
Tomorrow I am off to Oxford to help Jessica get settled. I am really looking forward to hanging out with her and little Lily. I will also get a little qt with Andrew which will be really nice. Then I am off to Atlana for a youth trip. Not sure where I will go after that North Carolina maybe?? I would lov eot see my crazy traveling parents, well I guess I know where I get it from. Hopefully I will put some pictures up soon. Sadly my hard drive crashed and I lost it all. Thankfully I have a few good memories still stored on my camera. Back up everything NOW!!
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment