I drove to Satrkville on Sunday for one last visit with the McLemores before Isabel and I get wrapped up in school. When I got there on Sunday there was an insane amount of peaches on the kitchen table. Sam and Iz bought a peck at the farmer's market and one of Sam's friends brought over another peck. We had at least 50 peaches. We didn't want any of the fruit to go bad so we starting looking at peach recipes. Sam decided to brew some peach and blueberry beer. I am looking forward to tasting that when it is ready. First Isabel and I made Peach and Cornmeal Upside-Down Cake from Martha Stewart. It is amazing and so easy please try it. Then we decided to make Peachy Chicken Picante. We used fresh peaches of course. It seems like a very strange combo. But is it delicious! Finally we decided to be pioneer women and learn to can. So we made peach butter. The recipe was from Better Homes and Gardens. They gave great instructions on how to can too. Peach butter is like gold. It is good on anything. We put it on our cake and our chicken. We decided that next time we will put it on the chicken and bake it so it will be like a glaze. I can't wait for that. Peach butter is peaches, pureed, sugar and cinnamon cooked down for about an hour. You have to try it. Give these a chance while peaches are in season! My time with Sam and Iz is always fun. I am so fortunate to have the best sista in law!! I am looking forward to our next adventure!
Speaking of adventures...Bethany and Gabe are moving to Portland, OR. They are leaving on Sunday and are very excited. We are happy that they are going to the city they really wanted but very sad that they will be so far away. No worries though. I am heading up the family ski trip a few days after Christmas. Visiting the Austins is going to be spectacular!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment