Monday, January 30, 2006
It has been a while since I was here. Nothing seemed good enough to let you know about. Not that today is different but I guess it is time. I am in awe once again about how incredibly gracious the Lord is. I usually do not enjoy my job as a teacher. I tried my very hardest to find a new place to teach for this semester but the Lord wanted me right where he put me in August. My amazing friend McKenzie told me that the Lord would open a new door for me or give me the grace to face this constant challenge. Oh how wonderful the grace has been. I am not sure that I can say that I love my job yet, but at the end of the day I know that the Lord enabled me to love some very difficult kids. They are so precious. I know that they are not told that near enough. I was privileged to grow up in a family where I knew I was loved. And not really loved but I was given the freedom to try things and fail. My parents let me be a kid. Which is so much more than most of my students will ever have. They are so grown up in the ways of the world and they are only in the 6th grade. I love it when we talk about playing silly games or hear them talking about the new Bratz doll that they got. I love getting to see them just be kids. This year is hard different from last year in many ways but still the same. I enjoy knowing that because I have these struggles the Lord has not forgotten me. He is making me stronger. Several years ago I read C. S. Lewis The Screwtape Letters. It is such an amazing picture of how God and Satan work. There are times in my life when I can step back and see where Wormwood is trying to pull me away. But my Lord is faithful and keeps me near. Today one of my students who never ever participates in class other than to entertain or to be crude sat up front and did his work. I was so excited. He rarely tries at all and today he was awesome. Tomorrow we are trying our hands at paper mache. I hope that my students will be motivated enough to work hard. I will let you know how it goes. Pray for me to keep my patience. I will surely need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment